CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Giraffes Can't Dance


Gathering Activity: We read stories about jungle animals and played with the Fisher Price ABC Zoo.


Circle Time: We read Giraffes Can't Dance by Giles Andreae.  We sang songs about jungle animals and used plastic jungle animals to order them smallest to largest.  We played a guessing game with the jungle animals.  The children made the sound of the animal and everyone tried to guess which animal makes that sound.

Art Activity: Giraffe Paper Towel Roll Craft
We followed the directions located at the link above.




Snack: We ate animal crackers and bananas with spots (drawn on by a black sharpie to look like a giraffe).  Giraffes in captivity eat bananas. 

Playtime Activity: We wore animal masks and played with jungle animal puppets and held our own Jungle Dance to fun music including, "The Lion Sleeps Tonight. "

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I love hearing from the readers of my blog. It makes my day! I have recently had a lot of inappropriate spam that has snuck through, so I am turning on the moderation of comments for a short time, to see if it helps. I am so sorry for any inconvience this may cause, but I want to remain a family friendly blog. -Danielle @Mommy and Me Book Club